Pope John XXIII High School is a Catholic community driven by Gospel values, committed to unlocking the inherent potential of each student.
Pope John XXIII is a Catholic co-educational college preparatory high school dedicated to fostering compassion, justice, dignity, and truth within a global community. We provide a rigorous, values-based academic program that incorporates religious studies, community service, liturgical celebrations, and extracurricular activities. With a firm foundation, we enable the future generation to embrace their stewardship over the Earth.
Pope John XXIII upholds the following core values:
- We honor Pope John’s motto, “In essentials unity, in nonessentials liberty, and in all things, charity.” (Pope John XXIII), by adhering to Gospel values such as: tolerance, faith, hope, love, and joy.
- We focus on scholarship in our quest to develop a well-rounded individual who is prepared to face the challenges he or she will encounter in the future.
- We have opened our doors to international students and therefore have committed ourselves to providing an environment of educational excellence for our global community.
- We participate in service opportunities to promote student leadership, integrity, and an awareness of our responsibility as stewards over the Earth.
- We encourage an engaged community of learners, including students, parents, guardians, faculty, staff, and trustees to embrace a lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Andrew Delory ’05 (Vice Chair)
Joseph Lavino ’96 (Chair)
Beverly Leonard ’72
Tara Philbin ’86
Meghan Walsh ’02